Okinawa Bus Map
Posted by okinawatime on 2009/05/02
Okinawa Bus Adventures
These tips are by USMC Lance Cpl. Tyler J. Hlavac, July 2008 his explorations of the Bus System off the bases in Okinawa. He said, Exploring Okinawa by means of local public transportation is not difficult, but does require a basic knowledge of the procedure.
I recommend that you try out with short destinations for a couple of times and you’ll probably understand the Okinawan bus systems and you’ll build more confidence in taking a bus in Okinawa.
Get around in Okinawa by Bus
These tips are by Yukari Marsh – Vice President/Okinawa Interpreter Guide Association
She said Sorry to say it is not easy to get around in Okinawa by local bus if you don’t read or speak Japanese.
I agree with her on some of the issues but she gave a lot of good tips, like: when you taking a seat on the bus, try to get a seat near that bus driver and let him know where your destination is. He will probably help to let you know when you are there or you may have to find someone who can help you in English.
Japanese Tips – Bus Travel Tips
- Excuse me.
- What bus do I take for …
- … 行きのバスはどれですか？
- … yuki no basu wa dore desu ka?
- Where can I get a bus to …
- …yuki no basu no teiryûjo wa doko desu ka?
- Where’s the …?
- …wa doko desu ka?
- bus stop terminal
- basu no teiryûjo shûten
- first, last, next
- saisho no, saigo no, tsugi no
- How often do the buses to … run?
- …yuki no basu ha nanpun goto ni kimasuka?
- How much is the fare to…?
- … までの料金は幾らですか？
- …made no ryoukin wa ikura desu ka?
- Do I have to change buses?
- basu no narikae wo shinakereba narimasen ka?
- How long does the journey take?
- dore kurai kakari masu ka?
- Will you tell me where to get off?
- itsu ori tara iika oshiete kudasai.
- onegai shima su.
- I want to get off at…
- …de oritai no desu ga.
- Please let me off at the next stop.
- tsugi no teiryûjo de oro shite kuda sai.
- Thank you.
- Thank you very much.
- doumo arigatô.
- Help me, Please
- tasukete kudasai
- What time is it?
- ima nanji desu ka?
- Do you speak English?
- eigo wo hanashi masu ka?
- Could you speak more slowly.
- motto yukkuri hanashite kudasai.
- I’m lost
- mayotte imasu.
Okinawa Bus Guide Route – Free Brochures
Okinawa bus routes by ocvb.com
These brochures by ocvb.com have a lot of great information and are free. This brochure has all you need to know about transportation, rental cars, cabs, hotels, tour facilities, parks, museums, and of course the bus route maps and route numbers. You name it they have it, all that you need to know is in this brochure it covers all of the travel (vacation) information, in English. Listed services information’s are Name, address, phone numbers, and website address; it’s like the small yellow pages of Okinawa with Okinawa bus guide routes.
- Address; 1-20-1 Izumizaki, Naha shi, Okinawa
Map to Naha Bus Terminal
- Naha Bus Terminal Guide Map 那覇バスターミナル案内図http://www.okinawabus.com/noriaibus/index.html